#1. God the center
I always pray to God that He would be the center of my life. I love this prayer because it always has so many meanings and implications for my life despite the changing circumstances surrounding it and it provides me with an inner strength to face the day. Lately as I've been chewing on and meditating over this idea of God being the center, it's been conjoined with a second prayer and I've been praying the following:
God, I pray that You and only You would be the center of my life.
Lord, give me weak eyes for things of little worth, and eyes clear-sighted in all of your truth.
#2. I was made to worship
Also, I've been praying over the winter break about post-graduation plans. Work? School? Work where? School where? What's best for me? What's best for my mom? my brother? What's best for 5 years down the road?
It could get confusing and stressful, but I know that God wants me to know one thing - that I was made to worship and this should be the only real requirement I pray over and look for in anything I decide to commit to. I know that I will worship God wherever I am, so what is there to be anxious about? Absolutely nothing, nada.
God on high stepped down into time, and wrote the story of His love for everyone.
All we are, and all we have is all a gift from God that we receive.
He has filled our hearts with wonder so that we always remember.
You and I were made to worship.
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free.
You and I embrace surrender.
You and I choose to believe.
You and I will see who we were meant to be.
Made to Worship, Chris Tomlin
#Prayer Request
I rarely do this because it's presupposing that people actually read this, but my mom is taking her nursing re-certification exam tomorrow from 9 am to 12 pm and I want to ask for your prayers that she would get a good night's rest tonight and do well on her exam tomorrow. It's been over 10 years since she's practiced nursing and she wants to go back into it so she needs this certification. Thank you in advance!!