Saturday, December 8, 2007

and I give up my heart to say

No song, of course, could do justice and encapsulate all the intricacies of a life, but this one comes pretty darn close. It's called "Take all of me."

The song has been so inspirational to me that I sent an email with this song to some special people in my life which read:

Today at morning prayer, God reminded me of you and how you have blessed me and how God has used you to bring healing to my life this semester for the rest of my life. I spent all morning giving thanks and feeling such love and appreciation for you - I really, really do love you. And as I was thinking about you through prayer, God placed the following song that I've attached to this email on my heart. It's called "Take All of Me." It's a song about how God not only brings healing and renewal, but also how He takes on all "the weight of the world," all our burdens and all our deepest most cutting pains. And with that, the song reminds us and encourages us to declare in every moment of our lives, "Jesus, All of my hope is in You because Your Grace is ALL I rely on."
---> it's an immensely powerful thing to say, but that is what God has been doing in my life, that is, using people like you to bring me to a place to be able to say with confidence, "Jesus, All my hope is in You." There is absolutely no way I could be able to say that wholeheartedly without God.

You broke the night like the sun
And healed my heart with Your great love
Any trouble I couldn't bear
You lifted me upon Your shoulders

Love that's stronger
Love that covers sin
And takes the weight of the world

I love You
All of my hope is in You
Jesus Christ take my life
Take all of me

You stand on mountain tops with me
With You I walk through the valleys
Your grace is all I rely on

I love You so, and I give up my heart to say
I need You so, my everything