It's been exactly two weeks since I started work, and two and half weeks since I graduated from college and I'm already so grateful to God for all the ways He is providing and protecting me though life after in-my-own-bubble-college. Right now I'm only going to have time to write about two blessings that are related to people - my favorite.
First and foremost, I'm thankful for the church, and my church - Remnant Westside. Through the church, God's provided a strong community for me. God's placed so many brothers and sisters in my life who love and care for me and my spiritual well-being. It would be so foolish of me to pass up all the opportunities I have to be blessed by this community that He's provided. It's been my habit all through life to be a homebody (euphemism for hermit, lazy girl, loser) and like to go straight home and crash in my room after a long day, but I know that keeping to myself or doing my own thang or seeing the same person that I'm clinging to (aka Irwin) is not how God wants to grow me and bring me full joy because I can't know God by myself, I can't know God in my own self-preferenced, self-centered vacuum. God wants me to know more of Him by building a strong relationship with the church, His holy community, and as I come to know God more, I know in time I'll experience greater everything that is of the fruit of the Spirit.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(Galatians 5:22-23)
Related to my thanks for the church, I'm so thankful for the roommates God has provided me for (at least) the next two years of my life. Deb, a sister from church who I've admired from a distance for quite a while for her steadfast passion for God and the dedication and hardwork she exhibits in her studies and projects as a fashion designer. I've only heard stories of her week-long sleepless streaks that were required of her to be faithful in her work as well as ministry and still I've been so inspired. Pat, longtime friend from college with whom I've had the privilege of sharing our spiritual walks particularly during pivotal moments in our faith. I'm excited and encouraged once again to see how seriously Pat heeds God's desires and commands now in her transition out of college and into the workplace. Esther, super-roommate for the summer, is a ball of joy. Cheesy, I know and I never use descriptive phrases like that because they make me squirm, but it's never been more fitting than in describing Esther. She really brightens up the atmosphere whereever she is, she's turning me into a morning person as she strikes up giddy conversations with me in the kitchen and today while we sat in the dining room eating ceral together. The moment I sat down on the table she said, "This is the first time someone's ever eaten with me in the morning!" And I smiled so big so early in the morning, it's a miracle of God. :) I'm so blessed to have her spend the summertime with us in our apartment. Lastly, Rebekah, BFF XOX, my partner in crime and sister I never had, I love this girl and I feel so favored by God to have her in my life as my roommate for the second and third year. I love our conversations; they challenge me and grow me in my faith.