Happy graduation :)
Thank you to everyone who came to show me loving during graduation week <3 <3
So today officially marks the end of one era and the beginning of a new one even though I don't really know what that new one will be like or what I should call except maybe the "working world" but that doesn't really say it all because the working part of my life after college isn't really what I'm most unfamiliar with. So here I am, not really knowing what I'm getting myself into and feeling a little uneasy about the uncertainty. No longer is my life partitioned off into semesters and vacations or summer camps and internships, I feel like I'm losing so much simplicity and convenience today. I can no longer label my phase of life with a simple word or phrase: finals. summer break. winter break. spring break. applying for colleges. sophomore slump. junior year sucks. senioritis. first semester of college. and finally, graduation. But the uncertainty coming from the slight inconvenience is all I have been really feeling in the past week or so in preparation for graduation. Other than that, I'm grateful to God for the work He has done in my life while I have been here at Columbia and I am looking forward to what lies ahead in His plans. God has taught me so much while I've been here - in my happiest and carefree moments but most present during the solitary seasons when I struggled with loneliness and learned so clearly at the end of the battle that Christ is the only unconditional and unfailing joy-giver.
I want to close my memory of graduation and my undergraduate life with a verse that has taught me and strengthened me more than any amount of schooling to be ready for what awaits me outside of this campus and into the rest of my life.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12