Sunday, February 10, 2008

Good Sundays

As I walk from earth into eternity, God, everything I am for Your kingdom come.

You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broke and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Psalm 51: 16-17

I love Sundays, every part of Sundays - Sunday mornings, Sunday service, especially Sunday afternoon after church, Sundays in my room plopped on my bed, Sunday night scrambling around for Monday. I think the reason why I love Sundays so much is because I make an active effort to look forward to it and delight in every moment of it, I try to fix my attitude and my thoughts centered on the good about the day. I'm wondering why I didn't think to do the same mental exercise for every day and every aspect of my life? Asking God's help to see the good in things, especially of this world when things seem so bad, is so important because I'm not able to do it myself. I need and want to be encouraged by even the small things about my day - snoozing in the morning, standing in an awkwardly silent elevator with 4 college students, the subway attendant - why? because God is alive and working everywhere. Give me eyes to see, Lord!