Friday, December 14, 2007

It's the season for finals

When times are stressful and I'm sleep deprived, it's almost inevitable that thankfulness and praise to God disappears for a stretch of time. But God always wants to be with me, even in the middle of the chaos and tension of finals. This year I have more work and more responsibilities to take care of during the finals period, and my flesh is so weak; when the circumstances are such that it makes me stressed and anxious, my body physically reacts to it. It started my freshman year in college when I developed a severe case of acid reflux and so much acid would build up in my stomach and throat during stressful situations that it gave me sharp pains and burning sensations - I couldn't properly swallow anything and would be continuously vomiting. The acid never went away, and I started having problems a couple days ago, but this year it's different, I feel peace. I feel peace because I'm able to think of God and not my schedule, I think of God and not how I need to prove myself, I think of God and not about deadlines, I think of God and not about law school. I think about how good God is and not how "bad" the situation is. It's a mental leap of faith that I had to take, a mental challenge, and after deciding to face it, God gave me the will to do it and this time during finals, it is a great time, and my soul is at rest.

Glory to your Name, Glory to your Holy Name

Thankfulness and praise, for grace and mercy never changing

Haven't you been good, Haven't you been so good to me?