Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday worship @ Johnson Ferry Baptist

Never let him see you when your breaking
Never let him see you when you fall
Thats how we live and that's how we try.

Tell The world you've got it all together
You never let him see whats underneath
We cover it up with the crooked smile, but it only lasts for a little while

There is no such thing as perfect people.
There no such thing as a perfect life.
So come as you are, broken and scarred -
lift up your heart and be amazed, and be changed
by a perfect God.

Perfect People, Natalie Grant

Lord we have seen the rising sun, awakening the early dawn,
And we´re rising up to give you praise.
Lord we have seen the stars and moon, see how they shine,
They shine for you,
And You´re calling us to do the same.
So we rise up with a song, and we rise up with a cry
And we´re giving you our lives.

We will shine like stars in the universe,
Holding out Your truth in the darkest place.
We´ll be living for Your glory,
Jesus we´ll be living for Your glory.
We will burn so bright with Your praise O God,
And declare Your light to this broken world.
We´ll be living for Your glory,
Jesus we´ll be living for Your glory.

Like the sun so radiantly
Sending light for all to see,
Let your holy church arise
Exploding into life,
Like a supernova´s light,
Set your holy church on fire;
We will shine.

Shine, Matt Redman

Some thoughts during worship and the message.
- I am so deeply selfish. But God's grace in forgiveness is deeper.
- I want to serve my brothers and sisters in the community of faith so that we will shine like stars displaying God's glory here in this empty world. I want to run to reach the prize of Jesus Christ together.
- I want to be used by God as a light of hope and faith and love in my workplace, present and future. I want to have a towering faith in the Spirit's ability to conquer over all degrees of unbelief wherever I am.

Let my lifesong sing to you!
Let my lifesong sing to you!