Wednesday, April 23, 2008

fear! love!

Jesus' perfect love drives out all my fears. I lived a completely fear-driven life when I wasn't a Christian, and every now and then, that fear enters my life now as a Christian and I know exactly when it happens because living enslaved to fear and sin and living in the freedom of Christ's love is like night and day, there's absolutely no ambiguity. But it's just so hard to not be fearful sometimes - It's so hard to love God with all my heart, mind, and soul and trust that His love will drive out my fear and His grace is new every morning. But even though it's hard, I have FAITH that God and His love for me. Pastor Bruce once said that the fight against sin is a fight of faith. When I remembered that tonight, I felt so much relief because yes, I know absolutely that I have faith in God, and I know that even with a little faith God can perform miracles -- miracles! God..I believe! HELP ME OVERCOME MY UNBELIEF.

You called my name, reached out your hand,
Restored my life, and I was redeemed,
The moment you entered my life,
Amazing grace, Christ gave that day,
My life was changed,
Went from my shoulders, fell the weight of my sin

So it's with everything I am,
I reach out for your hand,
The hope that changed a second chance I've gained,
On you I throw my life, casting all my fears aside,
How could greater love then this, ever possibly exist


So I wait upon you now,
With my hands released to you,
Where a little faiths enough,
To see mountains lifted move,

Yeah and I wait upon you now,
Dedicated to your will,
To this love that will remain,
A love that never fails

I love you, Lord.